Exo Terra Repti Glo 10.0 - Desert Terrarium Lamp - T8 / 15"
The Exo Terra Repti Glo 10.0 has a very high UVB output similar to that associated with desert environments. Desert locations receive more direct sunlight than any other because of fewer clouds, less air humidity and no plants or trees to provide shade.
Therefore desert reptiles are more exposed to UV radiation than any other type of reptile. This bulb can also be used on screened terrariums or terrariums with dense screen covers to ensure UVB penetration. Dense screens can filter out up to 50% of the UVB rays.
The linear Repti Glo bulbs have a higher output and divide the energy more efficiently over wider terrariums. Exo Terra has a full range of seven sizes of each type, Repti Glo 2.0, Repti Glo 5.0 and Repti Glo 10.0, in order to cater to any terrarium size. The longer sizes can even be placed on multiple terrariums.
To fit our range of fluorescent bulbs, both linear and compact, Exo Terra developed a complete line of terrarium tops and linear fluorescent bulb controllers. Almost all of these fluorescent fixtures have multiple fittings to enable a combination of different Repti Glo bulbs in order to simulate any micro habitat suitable for a specific species.
Key Features :
- Ideal for all desert dwelling reptiles
- Ultra High UVB output
- Effective up to 50 cm (20")
- Provides necessary UVB rays for optimal calcium metabolism
- Recommended for use with screened terrariums; terrariums with dense screen covers (screens can filter out UVB rays)
- Recommended in combination with Repti Glo 2.0 for a higher visual light output