Exo Terra Repti Glo 5.0 - Tropical Terrarium Lamp - T8 / 15"
The Exo Terra Repti Glo 5.0 has a moderate to high UVB output, similar to that of shady environments such as rain forests and other tropical locations. Reptiles living in these habitats receive less UV radiation because of the many climatological conditions (fairly high humidity, changes in weather, etc) that prevent direct sunlight from reaching them or their basking sites.
The linear Repti Glo bulbs have a higher output and divide the energy more efficiently over wider terrariums. Exo Terra has a full range of seven sizes of each type, Repti Glo 2.0, Repti Glo 5.0 and Repti Glo 10.0, in order to cater to any terrarium size. The longer sizes can even be placed on multiple terrariums.
To fit our range of fluorescent bulbs, both linear and compact, Exo Terra developed a complete line of terrarium tops and linear fluorescent bulb controllers. Almost all of these fluorescent fixtures have multiple fittings to enable a combination of different Repti Glo bulbs in order to simulate any micro habitat suitable for a specific species.
Key Features :
- Ideal for all tropical and sub-tropical reptiles
- High UVB output; Effective up to 30 cm (12")
- Provides necessary UVB rays for optimal calcium metabolism
- Stimulates appetite, activity and reproductive behaviour through UVA radiation
- Recommended in combination with Repti Glo 2.0 for a higher visual light outputs